Solar Thermal Repairs and Maintenance
First Call Solar can provide an immediate solar repair service and/or a routine maintenance check on all types of solar water heating systems. Even though solar systems are efficient and have little evidence of problems, sometimes they crop up and you will need our help. The engineers here are experienced and capable of using all kinds of solar systems so if you need an existing system fixed or just maintaining a system to stop the chance of it breaking, then First Call Solar is here to help.
If something has gone wrong with your system that needs to be looked at immediately, such as it has stopped working or not working at it’s optimum, then call us on 02380262690 and we can quote you our callout charge for the repair. We can cover:
- Diagnosis of the fault
- Fault repair
- System check and service
- Improvements to keep it at its’ optimum performance level
- Professional opinion and report
As with any other essential equipment, your solar system needs maintaining and checking on a frequent basis. First Call Solar recommends maintenance checks every 3 - 5 years. Contact us to arrange a routine service, or for more information.
Systems installed by First Call Solar
If there are any problems with a system that you’ve had installed by us, then please call us immediately on 02380262690 and we will arrange a suitable time with you for an engineer to call and solve the problem for you. Problems that occur within 5 years of the date of installation will be covered by our 5 year guarantee.
Repairs on systems not installed by First Call Solar
Many of the systems we are called to have been installed to quite low standards. This means that the parts used may be of low quality, and corners may have been cut in order to speed up the installation and commissioning process. The following remedial work is typically necessary in order to make a system more efficient.
- Carry out a visual inspection of the system, checking for leaks, faults and non-compliance with current standards of installation
- Reduced system pressure and leaks
- Check function of the solar controller and solar pump
- Drain the system and switch off the electrical supply
- Remove filling assemblies connect to fresh water supplies and cap both connectors
- Replace non solar expansion vessel and provide a quick-release coupling
- Remove any automatic air vents and cap connections
- Insert a new pressure relief valve in the return pipe work, and provide a container to catch excess solar fluid in the event of over pressurisation.
- Remove the collector mounted pressure relief valve, and cap the connection
- Flush the system with specialist chemicals to remove sludge and debris
- Fill and pressure the system with antifreeze rated to -40
- Switch on electrical supply, activate the solar controller and pump, adjust circulation
- Thermally insulate any exposed solar and hot water pipes
The work needed to return your solar thermal to good working order may be different. Please also note that we have experienced cases in which solar thermal systems were found to be beyond repair after an engineer had already spent a significant amount of time on fault finding. Unfortunately, we need to pass this on to our customers. Our standard service and repair charges will therefore apply.
Please feel free to contact with us by email or call 02380262690 to discuss any of your requirements.